Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
Question: One of our residents admitted to breaking a window in his unit. Our management company wants to make the repair and deduct it from his security deposit. Please give us your opinion if our management company is using proper procedures.
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Dog constantly barking, scaring residents
- Legal Q&A: Evicted tenant keeps returning, causing problems
- Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
- Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant hasn’t paid rent after getting 60-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Must I serve another 3-day notice?
- Legal Q&A: What should I say about former tenant?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant fixes motorcycle in living room
- Legal Q&A: Is the eviction process any different for a garage?
- Legal Q&A: If I sell rental, can I break lease so the new owner can move in?